25 Mar 2011

Indian wedding

I left Mysore and went up to Ellora, Ajanta and Shirdi (separate post to follow on this) and then came back to Omkareshwar for Agustina and Ashutosh's wedding in Narmada Shankar Ashram. They are a very very very sweet couple from Argentina who are here for a year living with their guru. They decided to get married in Indian style and all I can say is that it was a colourful wedding! Amazing from start to end. Every small detail amazed me.
And the food.... oh wow. As a food lover I was in heaven. Spiced up to the right point we ate very yummi pakora, vegetable rice, beautiful curried vegetables and paneer (indian cheese). Sadly I completely forgot to take pictures of the food itself as I was too concentrated on eating! In India you don't eat just one serving of each dish like we do in the west, they keep on serving you until your belly explodes and if you are like me then you end up in pain all the time because you eat with your eyes! But it's worth it, totally!!!

Below are some pictures of lovely Agu and Ashutosh. Enjoy!












































4 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, love all the colours, so much more fun than a normal wedding.
    How was mysore?
    Not going to be able to make it out, long story, the short story no monies or holiday left.
    I'm good and smiling, yoga is going very well and the sun is shining in London.
    Take care and lots of love Toby
    ps don't let the monkeys bit :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, wow you saw the most colourful Wedding I've ever seen, your pictures were like watching a movie :)

    You look fab in your sari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I see in your pictures, is your expressions and paassion for life itself, it captures the nature and character of the moment so well and is as full of energy...

    I'm hearing you on the food part, lead me to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bellissime Vale.

    R.

    ReplyDelete