1 Dec 2010

Temperature!

I got temperature today!
I don't know why as it's warm here but I guess it could be because being 'winter' the early mornings and evenings are a bit chilly. Not London style chilly though. I read about the snow in London today and thought how glad I am not to be there. Sorry guys but you know how much I hate the cold weather and how grumpy it makes.
Anyway, I started a meditation practice that Baba gave me. It's very good and for the first time I am actually making some progress in my meditation, which I had been hoping for a while now. It's also good because I can combine my Yoga practice with the meditation excercises.
As I mentioned in my last post, here's some information on Baba (Swami Kedarnath). I cannot describe how I feel when I am around him as it's just very complex, but the first few days I couldn't even look at him straight in the eyes, as his look is so penetrating and you can feel he can read each thought within you... I just found it very scary to be honest. And he can really read your mind. So many 'coincidences' have occurred in which I would normally just think 'well that s just a coincidence' but no!
http://www.srianandamayima.org/abobaba.html

I just read his book in English called An Introduction to Sri Anandamayi Ma's Philosophy of Absolute Cognition (which he kindly signed for me and wrote 'Do not forget Everything is 'in' Ma and Everything 'is' Ma--- which I am finding truer and truer everyday).
The book is quite heavy, in the sense that it requires you to be quite sharp and focused but it is such a great book. It also gives a very good explanation on the essentials of Indian Philosophy, which is good for a reader wo might not be so familiar with the different Indian schools of thought.

Below is a picture of Baba.

No comments:

Post a Comment