21 Nov 2010

मेरा नाम है भारती--My name is Bharti

The last few days have been magic. Suddenly everything started taking shape and lots of good things have happened.
Again, I would love to write as things happen but I just don't have the time and I also don't want to spoil the experience by being caught up in writing all the time.
But today I had to write as I now have been given an Indian name by Baba and I feel so honoured.
I did some service around the Ashram in the last few days, which consisted of cleaning the book shop, rearranging some stones around the tree behind the temple and dumping excess construction material outside the Ashram.
Baba started feeling better and came out a lot more, so one evening, following Omanand's suggestion, I asked him if I could be given a name by him.
He seemed pleased and the day after Omanand said my name was being worked on. He said 'you are now under observation' and smiled.
I have been learning so much from Omanand, on a dalily basis. He is so inspiring and peaceful. I feel blessed to be around such amazing people.

So last night Baba came out of his room and said to me 'what is your name?' and I replied 'Valentina' and he said 'and your Indian name?' so I said 'I don t know yet' and he said smiling 'Bharti!'. I was so happy, I love this name. It sounds so nice.
What really made me happy though is what the name actually means. As Sima and Omanand said Bharti is the Goddess Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge.

I have found the following: Goddess Saraswati is the goddess of knowledge, art and music, and wisdom. She represents the creative and inspirational aspect of Shakti.

And the other very good thing that happened is that just a few hours ago Baba was out in the temple again and as soon as I walked in to greet him he asked me how long I'd be here for. I said as loong as I am needed and then I will go to the other Ashram to start teaching. So he said that I will be in charge of opening and running the book shop of the Ashram, everyday from 11 to 12 and from 5pm to 7pm.
I don't know how this can happen but he can read my mind! It's always been my dream to work in a book shop. How did he know??

Below is a picture of Bharti.






I am also attaching pictures of my lovely new friends I have met in the Ashram. They make me feel at home and keep me a lot of company.












Some of the pictures are a bit out of focus because they have been taken by some of the students, who are still learning how to use the camera. They are learning quickly though!

big hug to all.

6 comments:

  1. Ciao Vale...words are very unnecessary!
    I respect you!
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste Bharti! :)

    Will be in India in two weeks and this place looks near Goa, will have to make a trip to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Vale,

    continua a tenerci aggiornati!
    Federico ha visto le tue foto e dice "che bella Valentina". Ti vuole regalare una batteria ha detto e anche una macchinina di "cars".. chissà come mai..Un bacione one one

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's amazing my friend! I love the face of that guy beside you in a picture, was he thinking "she is crazy"?!!! I want to run a book shop too! love you. un abbraccio forte. v

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Vale...solo oggi sono riuscita a leggere il tuo blog...che dire?mi sono venute le lacrime a pensare a quanto grande e importante sia quello che stai facendo....tienici aggiornati...ti abbraccio forte.elena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mero nam Eva ho.

    This is how it's said in Nepalese :o)
    No idea how it's written (yet) though. Nepali also use the same alphabet as Indians.

    TC
    Eva

    ReplyDelete